Race Location: Steele City Park
Race Date and Time: Saturday April 14, 2018 at 11:00 AM – SHARP
NO LATE ARRIVALS – LATE ARRIVALS ARE DISQUALIFIED FROM RACE
Award: $250.00 Cash Prize
- Teams can only be 2 or 3 members and must include a person that has a valid driver’s license and a registered and insured vehicle for the team. Each Team is allowed to have just a driver that does not compete in the challenges. One person must live in Steele or prove that one of team’s members participated in the Raider Run 5K earlier that day. Participants may need to walk/run a small distance and will include both mental and physical challenges, so keep in mind your ability level before registering.
- If proof is brought that someone participated in the Raider Run 5K, that team will get a 60 second head start.
- One Team Member must have a cell phone with text and camera capability for use during the race. This device may be used to alert emergency personnel if someone becomes hurt or incapacitated. GPS and/or maps are allowed throughout the race. We encourage you to have Google Maps, Waze, or Maps on your cell phone for help with addresses for locations. A cell phone number will be provided to Team Members in case there is confusion, or an issue arises. Each Team will be given a lanyard that must remain with them always, and be turned in at the end of the race. The lanyard will be used to identify your team during race challenges.
- Each place will require you to take a quick tour of the facility before starting the challenge. Each location and tour will treat each team exactly the same so the same amount of time is spent on the tour.
- At each location, all Team Members must attend the tour and only ONE Team Member may complete the challenge. By the end of the race, each Team Member must show that they completed in at least two of the challenges.
- You must follow the instructions on each challenge correctly. If a challenge is completed incorrectly, the team will be asked to perform the challenge again until it is completed.
- If more than one team is present at a challenge location at the same time, the teams will complete the challenge in the order in which they arrived. The location manager reserves the right to delay a team until the previous team has completed the challenge before allowing the next team to begin.
- No outside assistance (friends, family members, community members) is allowed when completing a task unless specified on the clue; however, teams may work together if they choose too.
- If a discrepancy occurs during the race, the location manager has the final decision about the situation. The location manager reserves the right to remove a team from the course for health, safety or other reasons, at the discretion of the manager.
- Teams must obey all local laws, regulations, traffic laws. Participants are solely responsible for their actions and the consequences of their actions.
- Team Members will maintain the upmost respect for other participants, race staff, and the community at large. We will not tolerate any arguing, foul language or acts of violence during the race or at any location during the race. If a location manager feels threatened or any aggression from any Team Member, they may choose not to give you your next envelope, thus eliminating you from the race.
- Consuming drugs or alcohol is forbidden during the race. In addition, if the staff feels like you are under the influence of any drugs or alcohol prior to the race, then your team may be disqualified and you will not be allowed to participate.
- When at each location, you must be careful not to destroy, damage, or trash the facility. You can act fast and quick, but you must be courteous of each of the volunteer’s location. Again, if the location manager feels you were disrespectful to their location, they may choose not to give you your next envelope.
- 10 Teams maximum; All entries will be in random lottery drawing. There will also be 2 alternates chosen, in case of illness or family emergency. Alternates will need to be available on race day.
- The race is won when each challenge has been completed and the winning team arrives at the finish line together. At the finish line you must present your proof that each Team member competed in at least 2 challenges and present your # lanyard.
Please return Waiver and Race Rules form to Town of Steele City Hall by March 31, 2018.Registration Race Waiver